12 December 2011
Real Estate Investors plc
(“REI” or the “Company”)
Revolving Credit Facility and Trading Update
Real Estate Investors plc (AIM: RLE), the West Midlands based property group, confirms that it has agreed a £20 million Revolving Credit Facility (“RCF”) with Lloyds Banking Group for a term expiring in October 2014. All other conditions remain similar to those of the previous facility.
Further, the Company is pleased to advise shareholders that contracted rental income as at the end of December 2011 will be in excess of £6 million per annum. Additionally, the Company has a number of significant lettings under negotiation that will further enhance its rental income for 2012.
The Company also confirms that it has exchanged contracts to sell an investment property in Chingford (let to Tesco Plc) for the sum of £960,000. This represents a substantial surplus to the current book value of the property.
Paul Bassi, Chief Executive, commented, “We receive excellent support from our banks and we remain well positioned to capitalise on further market opportunities. Despite the negative economic backdrop, our rental income and tenant mix remains secure and stable and we remain optimistic for 2012.”.
For further information:
Real Estate Investors
+44 (0)121 265 6400
Smith & Williamson Corporate Finance Limited
Azhic Basirov / Siobhan Sergeant
+44 (0)20 7131 4000
Chris Bowman / Richard Bootle
+44 (0)20 3100 2000
Notes to Editors
1. REI is an AIM listed property investment company specialising in commercial and residential property principally in the West Midlands and central England.
2. REI is focused on delivering shareholder value through returns generated from strong yields and capital enhancements. This is achieved by targeting investments in orphaned, distressed, part-let and underperforming commercial and residential property assets.
3. REI is led by respected property investor Paul Bassi CBE, who has over 25 years of property experience in the West Midlands. Mr Bassi is also founder and chairman of Bond Wolfe and chairman of CP Bigwood Chartered Surveyors.
4. REI was admitted to trading on AIM in June 2004. As at 30 June 2011 its portfolio and inventories were valued at £60 million.
5. Further information on REI can be found at www.reiplc.com.